Monday, January 4, 2010

What do you have to say for yourself

now that it's 2010?

First, let's clear just one little thing up right now. Is it:

Twenty Ten
or
Two Thousand Ten
?

Because I kind of like Two Thousand Ten. Twenty Ten sounds like a Ray Bradbury novel (not that there's anything wrong with that), not a year. Well, a novel about a year. In the very distant future.

Please visit the poll. Weigh in on this meaty matter.

In other news, I am excited/scared/relieved/anxious/thrilled, because Two Thousand Ten is going to be somewhat of a monumental year for this girl. I'm speaking of marriage, of course, to one special fiance of mine.

(A note to other fiances - you are just not that special to me. And I won't be marrying you. I'll just be marrying one special fiance of mine. And you know who you are and I hope you really do like the flowers I've picked out.)

In other news, and perhaps consequently, I am on the South Beach Diet. Have you tried this? I love it a little. Day 5 and I'm perfectly at ease.

Additionally, I shot a gun for the first time on New Year's Day. It was "a freakin' 12 gauge, what do you think?!"

And what news do you have? It's been so long since we talked.


10 comments:

Shorty said...

Wow, a 12 gauge was your first gun to shoot? I'm impressed and a bit skeered! : ) I tried snowboarding over the holiday, and was 'ok' at it. My head and my butt were ready for me to call it quits after a few hours of lessons, but I'm glad I tried it out. And, we've been getting some snow in Texas which is always exciting!

Here's to the New Year!

Amberly said...

I have been considering the South Beach Diet myself. The book is resting upon my bookshelf unopened. So here is my question - are Cadbury Christmas balls strictly forbidden? Because if they are the book will have to remain uncracked until they are all gone.

Jen said...

I am saying Two Thousand Ten, but my husband strongly diagrees...Love your blog!

Tracy said...

I like Two Thousand Ten and shooting. And please keep me updated on the South Beach diet... I may try it. I want to lose more weight but not so sure I want to do the HCG a 3rd time.

L said...

In the military they say Two Zero One Zero for the year, odd huh? I don't really care how one says it as long as it flies by, at least woosh past May. I want to graduate and get on with my life. Studying for board exams is all I have to update. Nothing like the fun you have planned.

L said...

P.S. Holly I don't think you need a diet. You look simply adorable from your pictures posted on here with out the South Beach blah blah.

The Cook Book said...

You're so cute, and yes, I do like the South Beach diet. If you can get through the first couple of weeks, you're doing good, but you have wayyyyy more will power than I do, so I know you're going to do great!!! Love ya!!

Nathan said...

I'm going to do my best to help you and not drag in the 500 leftover cookies I make as a result of my Sunday afternoon cravings.

You're welcome.

politicchic6 said...

Our computer system is a month or two ahead. So I have been living in what I call 20/10 since November. I don't have strong feelings about this, but I am lazy, so I will use the least amount of effort to get my point across. Which probably explains why I don't generally shoot, or try the South Beach Diet.

Joellen said...

I only say twenty ten when I want to sound really cool.
I really hate diets, thinking about them and resticting my calories. All I do is stuff my face, I need to eat a lil less so I can look super hot and show up the bride on 03/27