Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goodbye, rental market!

Wow, when we were looking for an apartment last summer, it was bru. tal. Anything decent was snatched up in a day, or like, more expensive than our future mortgage. Really even gross apartments were flying off the market.

"Recently remodeled" did necessarily mean they'd updated anything other than paint since 1975.

"Cozy" often meant "I'm actually a studio apartment with no dishwasher."

"Charming" often meant "I smell like mold and don't bring a baby over here because yes, those are lead paint chips all over the pet-stained floor."

Anyway, now that we're, barring anything crazy, buying a house in the next month, we need to get rid of our lease. Don't worry, I listed it last night and got nine (9) calls in 24 hours.

People have been laying it on thick! Complimenting my decorating choices, telling me sob stories, offering us more money than we've asked for, sending thank you texts a-la-smitten girl post first date, the whole thing.

I think the rental market is just as bad as it was last year!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

But now you're on the good side of it. I'd laugh all the way to the bank.

Jenny said...

funny. Yay for new home! Your home.