That is what I'd call today. Today it was sunny and at lunch, I didn't wear my jacket. And when I left the office at the end of the workday, it wasn't dark.
To quote the teacher at church on Sunday, "remember, Spring is coming. Someday."
Just looking out the window at the non-foggy day warmed my bones and lifted my spirits! Let's remember this feeling when it snows this weekend.
In other news, lately when I approach my blog and contemplate posting, I feel like I'm working up the nerve to call a somewhat-serious boyfriend who has just returned from a long vacation to Europe, and I am surging with awkwardness at the first hand-hold since the vacay, and the first suggestion of an evening outing, and feeling all intimidated because he has just been to Europe and learned the ways of the world while I've been here in Utah just mincing about.
Only it's my blog that's just been mincing about. I have been doing stuff.
I promise, I have been doing stuff.
And while we're on the dating vein, I have told a couple people that house hunting is like online dating. You compulsively browse photos and biographical tidbits online and think you've made the right choice, but then you show up at the date and what you were expecting to be a Zac Efron turns out to be more of an Uncle Rico. All the online photos are about ten years old, "athletic" really means "overweight" and "charming" really means "dilapidated." Oh, and "recent remodel" means "honey oak cabinets and emerald green carpet."
No but seriously, have you already broken your new year's resolutions?
1 comment:
It's been awhile since I have read your blog. I hope you are doing well.
I think I am going to write a post about how dating is NOT enough like house hunting.
Post a Comment